Shining A Light on Breast Cancer Awareness in October
Join Tipsy Social in Supporting the American Cancer Society
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we’re taking extra strides to make 2020 the most impactful year ever! Many know someone whose life has been affected by breast cancer. According to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. If you know that breast cancer runs in your family, or you want to reduce the risk of possibly getting it, there are options. Visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation’s website for more information. Let’s spread awareness and save lives!
Donate to Andrew’s “Real Men Wear Pink Campaign
Our CEO, Andrew Mendez-Spera, is taking part in the American Cancer Society’s “Real Men Wear Pink” campaign, with a goal of reducing the pain and suffering caused by breast cancer. Every dollar raised helps support the tremendous efforts of the American Cancer Society both locally and nationally. Andrew has set an aggressive goal of raising $5000. If you would like to help, please donate to his campaign.
Purchase a DIY Succulent Diffuser Kit
Looking to support AND find something fun to do? Andrew has joined forces with Come To Your Scentses, a Fishkill-based Succulent Diffuser Bar. For each unique PINK DIY Succulent kit sold, Come to Your Scentses will donate 30% back to our campaign.
The Impact of Your Donation
Your participation can help in so many ways, but here are just a few reasons to get involved this month:
- COVID-19 has caused so many things to be canceled or postponed, but the fight against cancer can’t be. Cancer hasn’t stopped, so neither can we.
- $50 could help provide a breast cancer patient with one-on-one peer support from a breast cancer survivor.
- $25 could help one person get free information, support, and access to resources through a 24/7 helpline or via live chat at cancer.org.
- $50 could help provide a ride to treatment for a cancer patient when they need it most. Help me save lives from breast cancer.
- $50 could help provide patients and caregivers with a night of free lodging when they must travel for cancer treatment.
If you have it, please consider donating to Andrew’s campaign. Donations are accepted online or checks made out to the “American Cancer Society” can be mailed to us directly at 7 Alan Road, Fishkill, NY 12524.